YPO-WPO Speaker Resource
April 14, 2019
by LIOR ZOREF @lior
Dr. Lior Zoref. Researcher, Advisor, TED Speaker, YPO Resource & Best-Selling Author
Deliver lasting impact and exceed senior leaders’ expectations by showing new ways for success using the power of collective intelligence and the YPO network.
“We invited Dr. Zoref to be our lead speaker at our chapter annual retreat. His sessions were amazing. It enabled our chapter step up to the next level. I am delighted to recommend Lior as one of the best YPO resources available”.
Yuval Shenhar, Chair, YPO Israel
– TED Speaker with 15 years of experience as a passionate professional speaker.
– 20 years of experience helping upper management transformational work.
– Charismatically captivates the audience with ancient crowdsourcing interactive exercises to demonstrate crowd wisdom.
– Dives into the YPO network power of weak ties to help members in new and exciting ways.
– Shows how members can empower employees in their organization to think together and create competitive advantage using their own collective intelligence
“Lior’s sessions at the YPO forum retreat was one of the best sessions I’ve ever heard. I highly recommend him as a YPO resource”.
Shay Feldman, AIG Israel CEO & YPO Member
Customize and tailor the content towards each engagement to ensure I meet specific audience needs.
This includes the following:
– Holding a meeting/call with the leadership team to understand their needs.
– Hold a few research calls/meetings with leading members.
– Find fascinating examples and case studies that are relevant and up to date.
– Using an interactive app for online engagement. Example.
– Hold thought provoking experiments similar to the experiment delivered at TED with a real Ox on stage. Examples.
– Explores the use of a new kind of networked intelligence. A TED style presentation that makes people think.
“Dr. Zoref session at our 2019 management was intriguing and extremely inspiring. His personal humbling individual story was a slam dunk and the main conversation with my team. I highly recommend you challenge Lior to assist you to deliver his key messages in a fun and very thought provoking fashion”.
David Cohen, GM David Intercontinental and Gold YPO member
Keynote and workshop topics for YPO forum and retreats:
- “WE are smarter the ME”, The strength of YPO network Keynote – 1 Hour.
- “Members help each other”, Interactive networking session – 2 hours.
- Talk like TED – 4 hours workshop.
About Dr. Lior Zoref
Whether we need to make better business decisions, find innovative solutions to big challenges, or transform our lives, collective intelligence is the key to making quicker, wiser, more objective decisions. And when it comes to collective intelligence, Dr. Lior Zoref is the authority to turn to. Dr. Zoref is a researcher, advisor, TED speaker, and author of the best-selling book, Mindsharing: The Art of Crowdsourcing Everything. His speech at the TED 2012 Conference in Long Beach, California, was widely-recognized as a conference favorite. Dr. Zoref received a standing ovation for the out-of-the-box, insightful, and hilarious presentation, which The New Yorker dubbed “delightful.” In addition to bringing an ox live on stage, Zoref used stories of crowdsourcing in action—including a poll of the audience—to illustrate its power. Originally from Israel and having previously spent 14 years as a vice president in marketing at Microsoft, he is currently a researcher and advisor whose work has been featured in Fast Company, Harvard Business Review, NPR, The Huffington Post, and more.
In his fascinating and highly-engaging talks, Dr. Zoref looks at the ways senior leaders can draw on wisdom of crowds to create a greater output with less effort. He shares techniques major corporations are using now to innovate and problem-solve in record time—all by using the power of “we.” A passionate speaker, Zoref inspires a new look at the ways we think and make decisions in the era of social networks. He helps clients shed outdated methods and protocol to leapfrog the competition, and shares ways to “supercharge” thinking and making dreams come true by drawing on resources that already exist.
After the success of Dr. Zoref’s TED talk, his book, Mindsharing, further emphasized the power of collective intelligence, exploring how to benefit from the power of fifty, five hundred, or five thousand brains. Translated into many languages, the book was listed by Inc. magazine as one of the “best books for entrepreneurs” alongside books from business legends including Richard Branson, Elon Musk, and Tony Hsieh. It looks at why few of us come close to using the full potential of our online networks, and how to use “mind sharing” in practical and proven ways—including looking at how a manager used LinkedIn to create a year’s worth of market research in less than a day.
Celebrated as “a genius who is also an ordinary guy,” Dr. Zoref has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most innovative organizations including Google, MIT Media Lab, Columbia University, The White House, Nike, Microsoft, and LinkedIn. Dr. Zoref has also been invited to speak and keynote at world-renowned technology summits including TED, TEDMED, Biomed, and TechEd where he shared the stage with figures like Bill Gates, Al Gore, Jeff Bezos, and more.
Current and former clients include YPO, Goldman Sachs, Fidelity Investments, Google, Consumer Technology Association, LinkedIn, Element Fleet, TripAdvisor, Nike, Amdocs, Roche, Kodak, Daimler, Jaguar, KPMG, YPO, IBM and many more.
“This was our 22nd annual CEO event and your presentation was the best we ever had. It had everything we would want: an important moving message, a compelling personal story and a lasting impact”.
Gary Shapiro, President and CEO, Consumer Technology Association